Basements typically comprise a quarter to a third of a home’s floor space, yet many homeowners use them for little more than laundry and storage. If the kids are getting bigger and require more space, or you’ve decided to build a home office, or you need to create a small apartment for an elderly parent basement renovations is the cost effective, value-added way to go. And when it comes to choosing the right contractor for the job more people in the Toronto area choose VitzReno then virtually any other builder.
Basement Renovations Makes Sense
Many homeowners in need of more square footage don’t think about the space lying dormant beneath their feet, but they probably should. Basement remodeling is home addition without the need to dig new foundations, build new exterior walls or extend the roof. Because of this they cost only a fraction of what a more conventional addition costs and can be done in far less time.
With the wide array of options open to you a basement renovation project by Vitz Reno can fulfill any of your lifestyle needs from basic to luxurious and everything in between. Our team of design and building professionals specialize in uncovering potential and redefining the possible. The basement remodel we do for you will greatly expand your usable space, revitalize the experience of your house and significantly increase its resale value as well.
Things to keep in mind when considering a basement renovation include:
- Remodeling your basement will positively impact every member of the family to a degree that kitchen or bathroom remodeling simply cannot.
- Statistics show that for every 1,000 square feet of usable space you add to your house you increase its value by as much as 30%.
- Finishing the basement opens up possibilities throughout the rest of the house as well since you now have more total usable space.
- If zoning ordinances interfere with your plans to put a more conventional addition on your house you can still expand by renovating the basement.
- You can convert your basement into walk-out basement that integrates the interior of the home with the yard and opens up myriad possibilities for entertaining.
If you’re interested in turning your dark, damp basement into a family room that is the bustling center of your homelife or creating an apartment for an elderly parent that will let you rest easy knowing they’re safe and comfortable,